May 17, 2016
Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) Initiative
30 hours per week
June 20, 2016 to August 12, 2016
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
To be eligible to participate in the CSJ initiative, individuals must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations.
- Develop valuable working relationships with the managers, volunteers, and business partners of the Parry Sound Community Garden Project
- Provide direct support to people with developmental disabilities
- Offer support to the participants in Community and Senior Services and those who live within CLPS group homes who are interested in gardening
- Provide day-to-day maintenance of the garden project as well as other properties managed by Community Living Parry Sound (including but not limited to planting, weeding, yard work, watering, and harvesting)
- Ensure the garden project sustainability and effectiveness in promoting our communities growth
- Assist in the coordination of community volunteers
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Applicants must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written and must have the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team, possess a valid ‘G’ license, as well as have respect for all abilities and people. The applicant must have the ability to recognize people’s skills, potential & capacity to get involved and be included as citizens.
Deadline for Application is May 27, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. Please forward your resume including references and cover letter to:
Community Living Parry Sound
38 Joseph St.
Parry Sound, ON P2A 2G5