Internship Business and Community Development Facilitator One-Year Position
February 4, 2016
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
- University & college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university
- Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs
- The position must provide the candidate with first time employment in their field of study
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Community Living Parry Sound (CLPS) works to ensure that people with disabilities can live in their community under conditions that encourage personal growth and enable participation as valued and contributing citizens. CLPS provides a variety of services to people living in the District of West Parry Sound, including the supported employment program Leading Into New Careers (LINC). LINC is an approved employment support provider through Ontario Disability Support Program to connect people with employment barriers to the type of employment that best suits them. In order to match people to the jobs that best suit them, LINC must continue to develop new ways of identifying the continuously changing labour market in Parry Sound.
The Business & Community Development Facilitator will create and implement a strategic development plan for LINC Employment Services that will focus on creating new partnerships with businesses and community members who are not currently partnered with our organization. For LINC to continue to grow, new strategies for increasing referrals and business partnerships are needed. The overall goal of this plan will be to increase referrals through new community partnerships, as well as find new businesses that will partner with LINC to create new labour market opportunities.
The intern will:
- Work directly with LINC Employment Services to partner with a new businesses and new community partners not currently working with LINC
- Develop a labour market plan that focuses on identifying labour market opportunities in small businesses in Parry Sound and surrounding area
- Create a list of businesses and the positions they currently employ on a regular basis and connect with these businesses to identify the goals of the LINC program, and seek employment opportunities with these businesses
- Create a list of community agencies and programs that support people with disabilities and connect with these agencies and programs to partner with our program in order to increase referrals to LINC
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Applicants are required to have post-secondary education in business or marketing & communications with an interest in human services and also must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written. He/she must have the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Deadline for Application:
February 19, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
This opportunity is proudly supported by:
Please forward your resume including references and cover letter to:
Community Living Parry Sound
38 Joseph Street
Parry Sound, ON P2A 2G5