Internship Residential Inclusion Facilitator One-Year Position
March 17, 2016
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
- University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs
- The position must provide the candidate with first time employment in their field of study
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
The purpose of this internship is to assist people who live in a group home setting and seniors who attend the CLPS Senior Services program to identify and build natural relationships with family and other members of their community. They will promote social inclusion and provide the person with choice to support the development of self-determination and self-advocacy.
While assisting the person to connect with a community activity of their choice, the intern will work to anticipate any barriers to participation and problem solve with other residential staff. The intern will support the person in developing the skills required to be successful in their participation and when possible build natural supports to ensure continued participation.
The intern will:
- Work in partnership with the person, their families, other staff and community
- Develop with each person/team individualized goals that clearly outline supports required and time frames and work towards the fulfilment of Person-Directed Plan goals
- Ensure documentation and reporting time frames are adhered to while maintaining accurate records & progress notes
- Assist the person to identify and build on natural relationships and to link with relevant community groups, services and organizations
- Provide direct support to the person in a variety of environments outside of their home
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Applicants are required to have post-secondary education in human services and also must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written. He/she must have the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite. Hours of work will vary and will include days, evenings, weekdays and weekends.
Deadline for Application: This opportunity is proudly
April 4, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. supported by:
Please forward your resume including references and cover letter to:
Jane Leadbeater, Community Living Parry Sound
38 Joseph St. , Parry Sound, ON P2A 2G5