NEWLY DEVELOPED ONLINE RESOURCE NETWORK
April 7, 2014
Posted in: Uncategorized
Community Living Parry Sound is excited to introduce you to the newly developed Partners for Planning Resource Network. It’s an innovative online web-based resource designed to offer families caring for a relative with a disability a variety of interactive tools and strategies that will assist them in planning for and creating a good life and safe, secure future for their loved one.
With a focus on future planning, the Resource Network provides resources to help families:
- Develop and sustain supportive, lasting relationships;
- Understand legal issues (e.g., wills, trusts, supported decision-making);
- Consider a variety of creative housing options;
- Identify strategies to help build a meaningful day and life by leveraging
- Community-based opportunities; and
- Develop a long-term financial plan that incorporates valuable resources like the
- Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP).
The Partners for Planning Resource Network gives families immediate access to a variety of critical resources:
- Over 20 live webcasts and webinars each year on topics ranging from wills and estate planning to nurturing supportive relationships;
- A provincial Professional Services Directory listing lawyers, accountants, independent facilitators, and financial advisors specializing in disability issues;
- An ‘Ask-an-Expert’ module providing families with pro-bono telephone consultations with a variety of professionals;
- The Learning Centre containing interactive and video-based modules on relationships, wills and estate planning, options for home, community contributions, and financial planning; and
- Good Life TV offering access to documentaries, video profiles, and recorded presentations.
About the Partners for Planning Resource Network Pilot Project:
Community Living Ontario and Partners for Planning (formerly PLAN Toronto), with financial support from the Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS), have created a pilot project to deploy the Partners for Planning Resource Network to families across the province exclusively through the Community Living Ontario network.
Click on the Resource Network Button to find these resources!