March 16, 2020
Posted in: Uncategorized
CLPS is continuously monitoring the Novel Coronavirus outbreak as it evolves. Although Parry Sound does not yet have a confirmed case, CLPS is implementing the following measures immediately:
- All visitors AND staff will be screened before entering any CLPS building.
- All out-of-town travel is to be cancelled unless absolutely necessary for the health and safety of a person supported.
- All unnecessary appointments, employee meetings and training are to be cancelled until further notice.
- All non-essential community activities with people supported are to be cancelled until further notice.
- All non-essential services (for example, routine footcare) are to be cancelled.
- All Passport and Community Participation is to be cancelled.
- Everyone supported by CLPS is to be contacted and informed of the severity of the situation. Wellness checks via phone calls are to occur daily.
- Employees returning to Canada from international travel will be required to self-quarantine for a period of 14-days before returning to work.
We are requesting that all employees practice social distancing as much as possible until further notice to manage the spread of COVID-19. In addition, we ask that staff continue to take the following actions to protect their own health and that of others:
- Wash hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Sneeze and cough into sleeves.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay at home if feeling unwell.
At this time we are continuing to plan and strategize until we receive direction to action more extreme measures.
We are ensuring that people who are supported by CLPS, families and staff remain as up-to-date with information as possible. The following websites and contact information are recommended to keep you informed:
- Ontario Info
- World Health Organization
- The Ministry of Health
- Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000
- Healthcare Provider Hotline at 1-866-212-2272
- Plain Language Guide on Coronavirus
- People First Canada Plain Language Guide on COVID-19
- The Role of Direct Support Professionals and the COVID-19